Making this the Best Holiday Season
Posted: November 20, 2016
Ready…Set…Go! The holidays are here, are you ready?
This can be the merriest time of the year or we can make it the most stressful time of the year. We have a lot of fun things planned here at Bella Vita (check out our Facebook page and our calendar) – but we also know that rest and relaxation are super important for having a truly merry holiday.
The Mayo Clinic Staff published an article that lists ten things to focus on. Let’s highlight a few of them!
- We should acknowledge how we really feel – sad, happy, grief, longing…they are real and it’s ok.
- Reach out to others and volunteer! There are plenty of organizations that need your time. Who knows, you might even wish to continue spending time with this organization after the holidays…and bring a friend with you!
- Stick with a budget – check out homemade gifts on Pinterest or visit your local thrift store or dollar store for some fun ideas!
- Eat a healthy snack before you go to that party and get plenty of sleep.
- Learn to say “No.” You don’t have to attend every party and event. Prioritize and replace…if you can’t say no to one event, remove something else.
- And schedule some “me” time. Sit by the fire, put some holiday music on, have a cup of hot chocolate and renew your energy. We have so much to be grateful for but we need to take the time to actually be thankful!
Have a stress-free holiday season this year. Remember it’s great to be in community and participate in the fun things we have planned! Plus, remember to take care of yourself and make sure your friends are taking care of themselves, too.
It truly is the merriest time of year!